Krishna Bharat - Publications
- Citeseer Query -
Web Search and Content Analysis
. In Paul de Bra and John Leggett, editors, Proceedings of Webnet'99, pages 1167-1172, October 1999.
- Krishna Bharat, George A. Mihaila. When experts agree: using non-affiliated experts to rank popular topics. ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS) 20(1): 47-58 (2002) (ACM Abstract) (HTML)
- Krishna Bharat, Bay-Wei Chang, Monika Rauch Henzinger, Matthias Ruhl. Who Links to Whom: Mining Linkage between Web Sites. 1st International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM) 51-58 (2001) (Abstract + PDF + Gzipped Postscript)
- Raymie Stata, Krishna Bharat, Farzin Maghoul. The Term Vector Database: fast access to indexing terms for Web pages. 9th International WWW Conference (WWW9) WWW9/Computer Networks 33(1-6): 247-255 (2000) (HTML)
- Krishna Bharat SearchPad: Explicit Capture of Search Context to Support Web Search. 9th International WWW Conference (WWW9) WWW9 / Computer Networks 33(1-6): 493-501 (2000) (HTML)
- Krishna Bharat, Andrei Broder, Jeffrey Dean, and Monika R. Henzinger.
A comparison of Techniques to Find Mirrored Hosts on the WWW.
JASIS (Journal of the American Society for Information Science) 51(12):1114:1122 (2000).
Also presented at 1999 ACM Digital Library Workshop on Organizing Web Space (WOWS), Berkeley, CA, August 1999. (PDF), (PostScript)
- Jin Yu and Krishna Bharat. Footprint proxy - design and implementation of a framework for reporting web server statistics
Krishna Bharat and Andrei Broder. Mirror and mirror and on the Web: A study of host pairs with replicated content. In Proceedings of the 8th International World Wide Web Conference, Toronto, Canada, May 1999 (WWW8). Elsevier Science, May 1999. (HTML).
Krishna Bharat and Monika Henzinger. Improved algorithms for topic distillation in a hyperlinked environment. In Proc. 21st International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR 98), pages 104-111, August 1998. (PDF), (PostScript).
Krishna Bharat and Andrei Broder. A technique for measuring the relative size and overlap of public web search engines. In Proceedings of the 7th International World Wide Web Conference, Brisbane, Australia (WWW7), pages 379-388. Elsevier Science, April 1998. (HTML).
Krishna Bharat, Andrei Broder, Monika Henzinger, Puneet Kumar, and Suresh Venkatasubramanian. The connectivity server: Fast access to linkage information on the Web. In Proceedings of the 7th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW7), pages 469-477, April 1998. (HTML).
James E. Pitkow and Krishna Bharat.
WEBVIZ: A Tool for World Wide Web Access Log Visualization.
In Proceedings of the First International World Wide Web Conference (WWW1),
Geneva, Switzerland , May 1994.
User Interface Infrastructure (Collaborative/Web UI)
. In Proceedings of the 7th International World Wide Web Conference, Brisbane, Australia, pages 119-130. Elsevier Science, April 1998. (HTML).
- Robert C. Miller and Krishna Bharat. SPHINX: a framework for creating personal, site-specific web crawlers
Krishna Bharat, Tomonari Kamba, and Mike Albers. Personalized, interactive news on the Web In Multimedia Systems Journal, Springer-Verlag, (HTML Abstract) (PDF)[Previous work appeared in Kamba et al, The Krakatoa Chronicle: An Interactive, Personalized Newspaper on the Web, In Proceedings of the 4th International World Wide Web Conference, Boston, 1994. (HTML).
Johannes Marais and Krishna Bharat. Supporting cooperative and personal surfing with a desktop assistant. In ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology '97 (UIST 97), pages 129-138. ACM, October 1997. (PDF), (PostScript).
Aileen Worden, Neff Walker, Krishna Bharat, and Scott Hudson. Making computers easier for older adults to use: Area cursors and sticky icons. In Proceedings of ACM SIGCHI 1997, March 1997. (HTML)
Roger Riggs, Jim Waldo, Ann Wollrath, and Krishna Bharat. Pickling state in the Java system. In USENIX Computing Systems, 9(4), pages 291-312, 1996. (HTML)
Krishna Bharat and Luca Cardelli. Migratory applications. In ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology '95, Pittsburgh, PA, pages 133-142. Association for Computing Machinery, November 1995. (HTML) (Postscript/PDF)
Krishna Bharat and Scott Hudson. Supporting Distributed, Concurrent, One-Way Constraints in User Interface Applications. In ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology '95, Pittsburgh, PA (UIST 95), pages 121-132. Association for Computing Machinery, November 1995. (Compressed Postscript)
Krishna Bharat and Luca Cardelli. Distributed applications in a hypermedia setting. In Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Hypermedia Design, Montpelier, France (IWHD 95), pages 185-192, June 1995. (HTML)
Krishna Bharat and Marc Brown. Building distributed, multi-user applications by direct manipulation. In ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology '94 (UIST 94), pages 71-81, November 1994. (HTML)
Home Updated Jun 2002